Friday, March 28, 2008

Movie Date - Just the two of us

Only at Pancake Parlor's: A good time with a good meal and a movie.

Just face it; I got bored. I got stressed. I got sick of facing my books for the past 6 days in the row that I feel like puking and throw all my books away into the recycle bin.

However, it will cost me approximately AUD 220 of reading materials (and apart of a big scolding from my oldies).

But hey, instead of throwing everything away, I look at the above advertisement and say $15 bucks for some pancakes and a movie ticket? That's pretty cheap by the way. The original costs are:

Short stack pancake (2 pancakes) = $ 9.80 1 Movie ticket (with concession) = $ 12.00

You do the maths. I think we are able to save $ 6 - 7. (Note: The above prices may be wrong as I don't usual frequent the Pancake Parlor or the cinema)


Short stack pancakes - served with home made maple syrup and ice-cream.

I think I had a post regarding the shop; Pancake Parlor. Anyways, they serve really really good pancakes, served with either cream, ice-cream or butter. I like it with ice-cream. The warm fluffy pancakes will melt the ice-cream; giving much pleasure when you taste it in your mouth.

Vienna Cocoa - Hot chocolate drink topped with fresh whipped cream with cocoa sprinkles on it.

Oh, one thing about the movie deal - There are no drinks included in it. I ordered a Vienna Cocoa for us, as my dear loves chocolate more than anything else (besides me). It is not that bad, except the fact they put a HUGE amount of cream on top of it.


Dendy Cinema - 2nd floor of the new wing of Canberra Center.

After our dinner, we head straight to the Cinema to check out the availability of the tickets. We were way too early for our movie actually as it starts at 8.50 p.m. Nothing else better to do, we went for a walk in Canberra Center.

Situated up on the 2nd floor, it gives some class and flavor to it every time you head to the Cinema, you need to take the escalator up.

For those who unaware about the life in Canberra, here's an eye opener: EVERYTHING SHUTS DOWN AFTER FIVE. All of the shops were already closed and not one person can be seen - except both of us and the cleaner who was driving around some cleaning vehicle.


The long empty walkway of Canberra Center

It's almost like a ghost town. But I like the above picture a lot - and Canberra Center

Back to the Dendy Cinemas. Unfortunately, I took blurry pictures of the ticket counter, the refreshment bar and the foyer (with my k850i phone. I know it's a lousy picture with a good camera phone, but I am still new with it!)

It is nothing like Malaysia's Cinemas. Maybe it is like the newer ones over at the Gardens or Cine Leisure. The design is nice and suitable for a movie-goer, it just makes you FEEL that you want to keep coming here.

The foyer of Dendy Cinema

the Ticket Counter

the Refreshments Bar. The spooky shadow in the middle is Amanda by the way, she was keen in checking out the prices of the chocolates offered.

What movie were we watching? Step Up 2 - Where it doesn't matter where you came from (Malaysia), it's about where you are at (Canberra). As a dance movie, it is pretty good with nice dancing routines but as an ACTUAL movie, it gets pretty lame and cheesy sometimes (not to mention the fact that they made fun of Asians, giving the image of a Russel Peter's Cantonese Accent).

However, if you want to catch a glimpse of people with hot bodies doing their thing or cute guys breaking it down on the dance floor, this movie is perfect for you.

The entrance to the silver screen

Step Up 2 - the Streets

It is not very often I write about myself as I do not want my blog to be filled with "emo" thoughts (so as to AVOID thinking that I may have written too much bout my personal life and the whole world is reading it - you know, THOSE types of blogs).

-----Skip this part if you want to ignore my personal thoughts-----

I do want to say that spending time with Amanda is one of the greatest joy one earth, holding her hands when we watch the movie and saying occasional "I love you" when a cheesy or mushy scene comes up.

Nothing beats this feeling; spending with someone you truly love. Every second becomes almost forever as you play with her hair and hold her hands ever so tight. It makes you the happiest person on earth for that very moment.

Alright, before I get messages saying "Your blog so emo la" or "You got no shame arr writing bout your personal life, and like I care reading bout your life" I shall say that going for movies is really fun.

------Resume reading here if you skipped the above section -----

Especially when you have a ticket for two, with someone special holding your hands as you step up into the silver screen.

A ticket for two - Just you and me

No comments: