Monday, January 7, 2008

Malacca Trip

Many of my friends (especially Michelle and Winnie) had been asking "how's my trip to Malacca?". It's indescribable as I had too much fun and I didn't know where to start.

Here are some photos taken in Malacca :


They must be really rich to afford this Santa.

I'm a shortie beside Santa.

I'm shorter than Winnie.

I'm a shortie beside Michelle.

I'm really short beside Eu Gene.

I'm as tall as Eu Gene's Mum.

Overall, I am SHORT !

(Therefore taking a full length picture with someone beside me is not advisable not UNLESS if they are as short as me)

Gene and I visited the Portuguese Settlement which is a Kristang community in Ujong Pasir. (The Kristang people are better known as "Serani")

The Kristang are a Malaysian ethnic group with mixed Portuguese and Malay or Indian ancestry, which arose during the Portuguese colnial period.

Although they have Portuguese ancestry, most of them were quite tanned. English is their main language but they can converse in Malay fluently as well.

In December, their main attraction is during the Christmas holiday, as they decorated their houses with beautiful neon lights and festive decorations.

The "famous" A'Farmosa. It feels like I was teleported back into the past. It is among the oldest surviving European architectural remains in Asia.

This tiny gate (called the Porta de Santiago) is all that is left of a mighty fortress. This is why I tend to pose around more at the entrance of the building. =P

Unfortunately,did not manage to snap more pictures. There were some "unwanted" attention of some "people" were staring and giving unpleasant gestures and looks.

Luckily Eu Gene was there with me or else they would have followed me even more.


St. John's Hill, Eu Gene's favourite jogging spot.

The view of the sea from the Settlement. The old bridge you see used to be intact when Gene was still a fat chubby kid.

Klebang Beach in Malacca. One of my first few times at a real beach.

Rm10 for a ride ? Michelle, that horse looks like you ! (poor horse looks like it was crying or am I too heavy?)

Gene brought me over to a Crocodile Farm as well. It only costs RM5 per entry. It was really amazing to see real live crocodiles lying around. There were baby crocodiles (a pen's length) and as well as more matured ones.

The place was quite poorly managed, with no proper walking paths. The glass display cages where they kept the snakes were dirty. The water in the pools of the crocodiles were either yellow or brownish-green.

A dead croc and a live girl

Overall, the place was an interesting place for me. We even visited a "haunted house" in the Farm but we had to pay RM2 to enter.

It was so dark that Gene walk straight into the wall three to four times. It was a total RIPOFF.

Amazed to see a buffalo ( I don't mean to snap from it's back )


Last but not least, Me and Gene.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Special thanks to: Gene, Auntie ( Gene's mom ), Uncle ( Gene's dad ) and Cat Yee


Thank you for taking care of me and I really do enjoy my trip a lot.

Lots of love,

Amanda


P.S : Wanted to take some pictures with auntie, uncle and cat yee but do not have the guts to ask them.

Note from Eu Gene: I have edited some contents in this blog. Enjoy reading =). I may post some new contents about the fort and the pictures of places you see here.






No comments: